Thursday, July 7, 2016

Kids and Clinics

On Monday we had our first VBS in the church.  It was a rainy day and that always means a smaller crowd, but we had so much fun.  Music, games, craft, story, and snack who wouldn't have fun?!  This year we did the story of Jonah and played it out with the kids which was pretty funny because we literally swallowed someone up in a whale. The kids all left the day laughing and smiling. 


The medical group had clinic all day.  We always eat lunch together and after lunch we take some time to do devotional.  This year we read through Mark and discussed what God was teaching each of us through it.  This is such a sweet time of sharing and learning and worshiping together. Later that day we were supposed to have a field day...but the rains came and decided not to stop!  So we played some card games under the pavilion and got to have some fun that way.  It was nice to have some down time with our friends and just sit and chat and play some games.


Tuesday we had VBS all day and the medical team had clinic all day.  When we got to the place we were doing our first VBS of the day everyone got off the bus and I was the last on off.  As I was stepping down the first step of the bus I slipped and ended up falling hard down the rest of the steps and hitting my back pretty hard.  Which meant I was unable to do much at the VBS and had to hand over the lead roll with the music to Marissa ((who did awesome)).  Since I was a little unable to move my back I didn't get to do very much this day.  But I took it as a gift, I love to sometimes just step back and watch.  Because when I do that it is almost like you can see God's hand in it all.  As we sing the songs and do the silly dances and then as we share the story and play the games and make the craft, God is there in the midst of it all.  He always is and I think it is important to make sure we don't miss that, even in the small seemingly insignificant things.  He is using it all, our failure and our successes, our joy and our sadness, our little bits of silliness and our times of seriousness,  there is never a moment that God is not at work. 

This boy is almost completely deaf and has captured my heart

Later that day and Wednesday morning I got to work in the medical clinic and help with the check in and taking height, weight, blood pressure ((not me)), and then get a general idea of why they came.  It was so so cool getting to see how this part of our ministry works.  I have had a lot of opportunity to see the community and do the outreach there but I have never been able to really see what we do in the clinic.  It was a powerful feeling in there those days, knowing that once they got checked in they were headed to the back to hear the Gospel and hopefully be able understand what Christ had done for them.  Then to be treated for their physical ailments.  God was at work this week in the clinic moving in the hearts of those who came to be treated.  When they came that day they had no idea how much their life was going to be impacted.  SEVENTY-FOUR people received salvation while at the clinic!!!!  That is just while Fox River was there. We saw 649 patients.  Gave out 1703 prescriptions and de-parasited 246 people. There is no greater gift in life than to know the love of Christ Jesus.  To understand what He has done for you and to receive the freedom that he brings.


Do you ever have a hard time seeing God at work in your own life?  If so I challenge you to take some time and slow down and take a look at the thingss in your life.  Are there moments when you just haven't seen Him?  Are there some things that are maybe hindering you from seeing what God is doing, or being able to experience it?  Something that I have been learning while I am here is taking the time to slow down.  Take a beat and just rest in knowing that God has it under control and I don't always have to.

 "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing."                                                                                                                                  1 Corinthians 13:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment