Monday, July 18, 2016

Keep the Focus

It has been a crazy week here.  We started a new ministry in a school in Pochocuape, we go in to a class or two every morning and talk about morals a bit and then we teach some very basic english.  It has been fun getting to know some of the kids and get to see what it looks like for their schooling.  Two of the days we were there I had some of the kids braiding my hair.  They love it because it is so much different than theirs.  Not only is my hair a different color, but it also feels different.  If you know me very well you would know that I don't exactly love when people touch my hair....but these kids just really love being able to be with me and sit and talk a little while they play with my hair.

We have also been getting ready for a team that got here last night.  This morning we leave for La Esmeralda and will be there through Friday.  I am really excited to get to know these people and get to see what it looks like when I am on a mission team with another church, something I have never done before. This week I will be a translator...so if you would keep that in yours prayers I would truly appreciate it! 

Saturday we had a great time at youth group! We got to hang out and mess around a bit and then Marcelo spoke a great message. We only had seven at group that night, and two of them accepted Christ! I truly love being part of the ministry in Pochocuape. Getting to be there as God brings up this church and these people is one of the biggest blessings I have here.

As we have been doing life this week we have had some challenges.  I got really sick last week and was stuck in bed for three days, brakes went out on the truck, finding out there is a holiday while we are with the medical team and have to close the clinic for a day, and on and on it went.  It has been an exhausting week in every way.  I feel strongly that all the things that continue to happen are part of some serious spiritual warfare waging right now.  Me and Donna were talking a bit about this the other night and she said "it just means we must be doing something right" and I just love that.  Isn't it the truth?!  The devil doesn't need to attack when we aren't doing anything, when we are ignoring God's call or we are simply just not even open to hear the ring.  The bible promises us that when we are on God's side and doing things in His name that we will be attacked, by the world and by the devil.  

This week I have been forced to rely on God. There is nothing that is certain in this life but Him. No people, ministry, place, or thing will truly be there always and when its time to let one go I have to be okay with that. God has taught me that this week. A hard lesson to learn but also one that I am sure he will use to his glory in my future. As I look at all the circumstances of this week I am awed by the faithfulness of God. He is the only constant in this ever changing world. The hope in this darkness around me. But as Gods love breaks through the darkness and grabs the hearts and lives it starts to change. Hope comes to the hopeless. Dark isn't as dark anymore.

Pray for me this week as I am being stretched. For the medical team with us. That they would allow God to use us His way and not our own. For him to receive all the glory as we do His Kingdom work here in Nicaragua. Praise Him for how he is working in Pochocuape!


 "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing."                                                                                                                                  1 Corinthians 13:1-3


No comments:

Post a Comment