Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Celebrate Good Times!

I forgot to tell you that at the clinic on Friday 25 received Christ!  I had the extreme honor and privilege of helping tally up numbers and I literally jumped for joy when I saw that one!!!  Praise God for Jeremias who was evangelizing for this trip!

Friday night we had a movie night at the church.  It was really fun to be able to provide a different experience for families to come and have.  We watched Inside Out and ate popcorn.  Saturday morning the clinic was open and we also had a women's event at the church.  The boys watched the kids while us ladies got to minister and have a good time with the women.  We played some games, had music, Karen gave a great message, and we did some fun crafts.  They got to plant some flowers, get their nails done, and paint a tote bag.  I pray those women left the morning feeling loved and restored.  Feeling important and valued, that they are so dear to God and also to us.




I stole a baby!!!  A three-ish week old!!! :)

In the afternoon we had some time to rest and then do some things to prepare for the celebration on Sunday.  I got to spend some time with Tania (one of the Nicas who translated for us) and just talk and get to know each other a bit.  She is one of the sweetest gifts God has given me in Nicaragua.  I know that He brought us together for His purpose and I love that we get to continue this path together. I have no doubt that Tania will be my friend forever, and then forever more! Okay, moving on from Tania ((I could talk about how great she is for the rest of the day)).  Saturday night was youth group, Fox River was in charge and we did a glow night!  We lit the church up with balloons filled with flashing lights and glow sticks and glow bubbles!  It was so fun!  I think the Nicas had a good time playing the games and watching the skit.  Pastor Rob gave a message and we had some group time as well!  I love being part of youth group up in La Esmeralda!


Sunday we celebrated 5 years of the clinic being open.  We woke up super early to get everything ready and decorated before the event.  Once we got the clinic and outside ready, we all ran to change our clothes and get ready ourselves.  It was so great to be part of the celebration and hear about some of the impact it has had over the years.  God has done so much through the clinic and continues to today.  I cannot wait to see what the next years hold for this particular place in La Esmeralda!




"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing."                                                                                                                                  1 Corinthians 13:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment