Monday, June 20, 2016

Praise and Prep!

Sunday was the second official Sunday at the new Pochocuape church.  I lead the children's class along side Donna and Ashley.  My responsibility is the music, we worship to a few songs by singing and dancing!  We are training some of the young men of the church so that they can take it over at the end of the summer.  I am so excited to be part of the beginnings of this church!  It is so cool to see something new be born in Jesus' name!  I can already see God working in this church and in the hearts of some of the people there.  There is no doubt in my mind that this church will do great things  in the name of Jesus.
 
Childrens

Pastor Marcelo leading on Sunday


After church we went to lunch with Pastor Marcelo, Luis, and a missionary couple that are joining Familia Avance in the next year or so.  It was a really sweet time of fellowship and laughter.  The food was good too ;)  We had a bit of time to rest and then we headed to church in Masaya.  I really enjoyed being in Masaya and getting to meet most of the people in that church. The people there really welcome you with open arms and want to know you!  It was so good to be able to talk with some of them and share a bit about ourselves with each other, I truly feel like I have some new friends.  God is working in this church as well, they have had 6 men give their lives to Christ over the last few weeks in their homeless ministry.

Enjoying some time to sit in Gods creation

Today we did some more shopping and preparing for the group to get here on Wednesday. As we only have a day left til they get here there are a bunch of last minute details that we are ironing out and picking up! We bought some Bibles for one of the churches which was fun to do, we are literally putting the Word into peoples hands!  I had some time to work on some planning for the girls event that I will be having on July 8th and I got a little help from my friend Angel on some graphics for it!  Hahaha. It has been a busy week since I have gotten here but I couldn't be happier. The way I feel while I am here is not explainable, I believe it is a result of living in obedience to what God is asking of me.  I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss my so loved kiddos....but there is no place I would rather be!  Oh! And I went to Walmart today!  It looks a lot like Walmart's in the States, just a bit smaller and some different offerings.

The invitation for the girls day. ((Thank you, Angel))
Pray that God would continue to work in Pochocuape and that we would get to see the evidence of His power.  For my continued focus on why I am here and who I am here with.  That as I am immersed in spanish it would become more clear to me each day.  Pray for the Nicas as they are busy and hard at work getting ready for Fox River to come and the clinic celebration on Sunday.  That they would have a clear focus on who all the glory belongs and who they are serving as they are preparing. Praise God for the working in Pochocuape and Masaya!  Praise Him for the breeze He brings in just the right moment, what a sweet gift that is! 

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing."                                                                                                                                  1 Corinthians 13:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment