Saturday, June 18, 2016

Go(o)d Gifts

The last two days have been amazing!  Yesterday we got up at 4:30 to leave the house at 5am.  We ran around picking up the things we had bought the day before and buy a few more things at the market.  Then we started our journey to La Esmeralda.  We got there and unloaded the truck and then loaded the fridge. One of the bests parts of the day for me was being able to see me friends up there.  My heart just about jumped out of my chest when I saw them, I hadn't realized just how much I had missed them.  I cannot explain the joy of seeing these sweet sweet friends that God has given me and created the bonds within them.  I got to spend some time catching up with them and hug them and just be with them, it was such a blessing to me!





 After we were finished getting some things together and having some conversations in La Esmeralda we headed to Jinotega.  Where Donna, Denis, and myself went to the lawyers office to sign some documents.  There were two pieces of land that they were there to sign; one for the land the Las Nubes church will be built on and the other is for some land that Fox river has bought for Denis and Karen.  The Las Nubes land is important because the church there is growing in strides and ready for a building so they can really establish what God is doing there.  For Denis and Karen to have this land means that they can start providing for themselves for the future and for right now as well.  Both of these things are just more proof of God's working in this community!  I cannot wait to see what God does with this!  It was really cool to sit in on the end of this process and get to hear the hearts of these guys who are selling their land.  We didn't get back to the house until almost 9.  Needless to say we were all exhausted, but God had blessed the day.



Today we went to the oriental market, which is the largest open air market in Central America and it is two miles long, getting children chairs for the new church in Pochocaupe.  That was a fun experience and we took along with us Sergio who had driven with us to La Esmeralda.  Then we headed up to have youth group there, in Pochocuape.  We had a lot of fun and laughs!  As always in ministry things don't go as planned sometimes and tonight was one of those, but God knows what He is doing and He is able to work in ways we don't understand! 


Pray that God would do a work in the church tomorrow morning!  Pray that as we continue to prepare for Fox River that our focus would not be taken off of God.  For continued understand of the language and boldness to use what I do know!  Praise God for the joy He brings to us, for His love that translates through language and cultural barriers, for how He gives us just what we need exactly when we need it.  He is a good good Father!  He loves us!  Amen! 

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing."                                                                                                                                  1 Corinthians 13:1-3

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They are definitely being felt! God has been all around!

      Delete