Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Here we go with God!



There are no words to explain to you how I feel today.  There are so many emotions coursing through me all at once.  Today, in just one hour, I set flight on the most exciting and scary adventure I have ever been on.  Traveling alone is not something that I am in love with, especially the waiting for flights.  Praise God that my five hour layover turned into only two!  Today I remember that I am not alone because God is always with me.  Carrying me when I cannot walk and in today’s case when I cannot fly.  He is right here with me surrounding me as I write this.  I feel Him.  As I was on my way to the airport God gave me a rainbow.   It reminded me that He will always fulfill His promises to me, He is a good Father and takes care of me in ways I could never have even wished for. 
I am feeling so very loved today.  With so many people praying for me and so many people loving me from wherever they are, my cup is just overflowing.  So instead of the worry and the nervousness and fear that seems to loom over me I will focus on what God is doing.  Can I tell you about the last couple of weeks?  

These last days I have had at my Wisconsin home I have felt more loved and covered than ever in my life.  I have such a wonderful church family that has lifted me up, laid hands on me, prayed over me, loved me, shared Gods Word with me, cried with me, ect.  As I was being prayed over a couple weeks ago God was working in my life, but also in the lives of someone who doesn’t really even know me.  He used some of the things I have gone through to bring hope to someone else.  Someone who doesn’t feel loved very much and doesn’t know how to find joy.  I got the opportunity to talk with her and share a bit of my heart as she shared hers.  Who am I that He would use me like that?! 
A couple of days after that I got a text from a friend saying that my prayer card and the fact that I am even going is giving her opportunity to talk with people about Jesus!!!  This is just so exciting to me.  I am seriously not even there yet and God is moving.  To be used by Him is the best feeling in the world.  To be loved by Him is the greatest gift I have received and continue receiving.  HE IS SO GOOD!!!!!  



Pray for me as I travel today that God would give me opportunity to shine His light.   Whether it be in conversation or just in the way I go about things.  Pray that God would do a new working in me.  That I keep my eyes on Jesus and not on my feet as the road I walk is uncertain!  Praise Him with me because of the working He has done and will do!  Praise Him because He is so faithful, so good, so loving, and always with us!   

 "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing."                                                                                                                                                                                                        1 Corinthians 13:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment