Monday, May 31, 2021

Quick Update:

 Hello,


I wanted to write to share and update with you and to say thank you for your continued support…


As you know, over the last couple years, I have been trying my best to live out God’s purpose and plan for my life.  In September of 2019, I moved to Nicaragua to start language school, with a plan to be finished by May of 2020. 

As I started language school, I received some advice from another missionary to focus on learning the language and not to get too distracted by adding a bunch of ministry to my plate right away. To be honest with you it was really hard for me to not have a place to serve regularly.  Then my friends pointed out to me a ministry God had placed in my lap without me even acknowledging it.  My Spanish teachers!  I had a couple different teachers that I was working with.  During my class time, part of what we would do is converse, to work on my vocabulary and for them to help me fix my problem areas.  During that time, Jesus became one of the main topic points!  I was able to share about a love so great that nothing you can do can separate you from it.  Although I did not lead either of my teachers to salvation, I was able to plant many seeds.  

After having a few months of school complete, I felt like God was telling me it was time to get involved in a ministry. In January of 2020 I started co-leading a girls soccer team by leading the devotions.  A great joy that I was able to use my Spanish in ministry.  

In March of 2020 as we all started hearing about Covid-19, I had about three months left to finish my classes.  However, I had to quickly make the very hard decision to return to the states as Covid-19 was more of an immediate situation.  At the time, I was convinced I would only be gone for a few months and then be able to return to finish school.  God had other plans.  By June all airlines had stopped flying to Nicaragua due to Covid-19. 

During my time of waiting to return to Nicaragua, God provided me with many random jobs, which were a huge blessing for me!  I also had the opportunity during my time in the states to be involved in a few different ministries, by way of translation, prayer, and financial support. When I left Nicaragua, I couldn’t see the opportunities God would lay out for me, but it has been really cool getting to use what I have learned to further ministries. 

Something I have learned over the last year, is that my location cannot and will not stop the plans God has for my life!  God wants to use me, and that will not stop whether I am in Wisconsin, Nicaragua, or somewhere else completely.  

As I waited and longed to be back in Nicaragua, I was asking God when my time would be to go back. That day finally came, after a year and a couple months.  On Monday, May 17th 2021, I landed here in Managua!  I am excited and anxious to see what God has in store for these next few months.  


My first couple weeks back have been full of so much love and laughter but we have also seen the devil at work against the advancing Kingdom of God here in Nicaragua. I ask you to join me in praying for my friends here who are giving everything to answer the call of Christ in their lives. Their strength and courage inspires me each and every day to do more to see lives saved!


Without you I would not be able to answer the call God has put on my life. Thank you for making it

possible for me to share Jesus with the people of Nicaragua! 


No comments:

Post a Comment